An e-book is an electronic book that is accessible online. For most e-books only one user can access the book at a single time.
If you are off-campus or in the dorms, you will need to login with your WSU username and password.
Many e-books are listed in the Library Catalog:
- From the library homepage.
- Select the Advanced search option, under the main search box in the OneSearch selection.
- Enter your search terms. Click on the Search button.
- Once you have a list of books/results, use the left column Refine My Results "limiters" to narrow your search by Location and E-Book Collection - Online.
- Look at your ebook titles and click on the title of interest to see the full description. From here, you may able be to look at the table of contents or view a list of subjects associated with the book. Also, note the similar items along the right side.
- To access the book, look for the section titled Full Text Availability. Click on the database listed in this section.
You may need to login with your StarID to access the database.
- In the eBook Collection (EBSCOhost) database, you have the option to either view the eBook Full Text or Download this eBook.
- eBook Full Text - if you close the browser or are inactive, you will temporarily lose access to the e-book.
- Download this eBook - You need:
- An EbscoHost account. This account is free and it is NOT connected to your starID or WSU accounts.
- The latest version of Adobe Digital Editions. The checkout period for most downloaded books is one day.