An e-book is an electronic book that is accessible online.
NOTE: If you are off-campus or in the dorms, you will need to login with your StarID and password.
Most of our e-books can be found in our Library Catalog:
- From the library homepage.
- Enter your keywords into the OneSearch Box, from the drop-down box select Library Catalog--Books & Media.
- Click the Find button.
- Once you have a list of books/results, use the left column Refine My Results "limiters" to narrow your search by
- Resource Type > Book and Refine Results > Online/Full Text
- Look at your ebook titles and click on the title of interest to see the full description. From here, you may able be to look at the table of contents or view a list of subjects associated with the book. Also, note the similar items along the right side.
- To access the book, look for the section titled Availability. Click on the database listed in this section.
You may need to login with your StarID to access the database.
- In the eBook Collection (EBSCOhost) database, you have the option to either view the eBook Full Text or Download this eBook.
- eBook Full Text - if you close the browser or are inactive, you will temporarily lose access to the e-book.
- Download this eBook - You need:
- An EbscoHost account. This account is free and it is NOT connected to your starID or WSU accounts.
- The latest version of Adobe Digital Editions. The checkout period for most downloaded books is one day.