Here's how to find a book using the Krueger Library catalog:
- From the library homepage, use the central OneSearch tab search box. From the right drop-down menu next to that search box select Library Catalog--Books & Media.
- Enter your search terms. Use just the keywords in your topic. Click the Find button. This searches all fields, including title, author, and description.
- With your results lists you can narrow your search with the left navigation "Refine My Results" column. Select your resource type, date, or other limiter. For example, choosing the Reference Collection (under the Location as a limiter).
- Click on the book title for more information and a description. From here, you may able be to look at the table of contents or view a list of subjects associated with the book. Also, note the similar items along the right side.
- Cite, export, or save the permalink the library item by using options in the Send to section.
Check to see if there is the Full text Available section. This will display if full text is available. Use the How to get it section to login and request access/delivery.
- Write down the call number. Each book has its own call number. For more information about call numbers, click on the WHAT'S A CALL NUMBER? link.
- Make sure the book is available before you...
Go to the shelves to find your book. Main collection books are on the 2nd floor, while the reference collection is on the main floor, behind the reference desk. Note: During the 2020-2021 academic year the book stacks may have limited access. See the COVID-19 Library Guide for up-to-date information.
- Remember to browse. It's one of the best strategies for locating additional books.