A database is a searchable electronic index of published articles and/or article citations. To locate articles, select one (or more) of the Krueger Library's databases that is appropriate for your topic.
NOTE: If you are off-campus or in the dorms, you will need to login with your StarID and password. This login will occur when you click to access a database.
- From the Library homepage, select the Databases tab.
- Use the Select by Subject drop-down menu to choose a subject area of your databases. For example:
- Looking for articles on peer pressure and social media? Start with the Psychology or Communication Studies databases.
- Looking for articles on caring for "prenatal care" and infants? Start with the Nursing databases.
- Read the descriptions to choose the best database. There are variety of databases for each subject.
- Do you have a broad topic or not sure what subject your topic falls under? Start with a general database by using the Select by Title or A-Z list, to choose a general database such as Academic Search Premier, MasterFILE Premier, or CQ Researcher (topical reports). Need more advice? Check with a librarian or professor for more assistance in selecting a database for your topic.