Winona State University (WSU) Ramaley Research Celebration will host in person poster and zoom presentations and oral presentations. The presentation and full schedule is available here. The WSU Ramaley Celebration schedule will be available after April 12, 2023. https://openriver.winona.edu/rca/2023/
There are three presentation methods listed below. Instructions for each presentation method are listed in this guide. Instructions to upload your Poster PDF, Powerpoint presentation, or your Pre-recorded presentation are below.
1. In-person poster presentations - Instructions for poster printing and how to submit your poster for the OpenRiver event schedule.
2. Zoom Presentations - Online - Instructions to prepare your Zoom presentation and laptop. Remember you may want to create a Powerpoint presentation or poster to show in your Zoom presentation.
3.Recorded presentations - Instructions for recording a video. Instructions to upload your video (mp4 file) to OpenRiver. Remember you can include your Powerpoint or poster (PDF), and the closed captions (CC) file for your video (if available - Kaltura automatically CCs videos).
2. PRINT your poster.
This year WSU Digital Learning Commons (DLC) is covering the cost of your printed paper poster (lamination is extra at your cost).
Note: You must submit your poster by Wednesday, April 12, 2023. Your poster will not be printed in time for the RCA Day if sent after this date.
Essential tips to review before creating your poster:
Steps to make sure presenters are logged into Zoom correctly for presenting:
Best Practices for Presenting:
The Zoom link will be shared via the 2023 Research & Creative Achievement Day on the April 19, 2023. We will also share it with student presenters via a direct email.
1. You will present your presentation and/or poster in a Zoom breakout room. Be ready to share your poster PDF file with attendees in your breakout room.
Pre-Recorded Video Option (Note: you will need to upload your recorded video file to OpenRiver)
1. Record your video with Kaltura (recommended). Other recording options are acceptable. You will need to record your video and then go to step
If you prefer Zoom, so note that the quality may not be as good a a Kaltura recording.
2. Edit and download your Closed Caption file. Edit > choose Captions > Review captions > Select SAVE button if you have made edits.
3. Download the video file of your recording to your laptop (mp4 file preferred).
4. Upload to OpenRiver - Create a free account and upload your video file to the Research & Creative Achievement Day - 2023 site. Or share your video, by setting Klarson@winona.edu as a contributor in Kaltura/MediaSpace. Email Kendall Larson firstname.lastname@example.org to let her know you want her to upload the file into OpenRiver.
Closed Caption editing is done here:
See the section titled Upload to OpenRiver Uploading in the next box.
Pre-Recorded videos need to be uploaded to OpenRiver. To upload your video file to the Ramaley Research Celebration Event 2023 follow these steps:
Please email Kendall Larson email@example.com with questions or for assistance.
Back up - Second way to access the upload form: