A collection of digital magazines, including The Atlantic, Time, Diverse: Issues in Higher Education, Bloomberg Businessweek, The New Yorker, Rolling Stone, Newsweek, Columbia Journalism Review, Ebony, Forbes, the National Review, and more.
Flipster is available through WSU Apps. You need to use a web browser to download issues into the app to read them. Additional information is available in our Flipster Guide.
Content and archives (1980s-) from national and regional news sources including the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, Los Angeles Times, Boston Globe, Newsday, Chicago Tribune, and Minneapolis Star Tribune.
The Krueger Library has access to millions of newspaper and magazine articles through a variety of databases and institutional subscriptions. Institutional subscriptions require you to authenticate your affiliation with WSU in order to access the paper's website. Once you authenticate, you can sign in with the credentials you created on the web or app.
The Library provides access to a large collection of electronic magazines through Flipster. Click on the carousel below or find the link to Flipster in our list of databases.
We are receiving reports about issues with new account registrations. Please contact Research Help for assistance if you encounter a problem.
To set up your New York Times account provided by the library:
1. Click on the link above.
2. Sign in through the proxy with your Star ID and password.
3. Create an account using your Star ID followed by @minnstate.edu or @go.minnstate.edu as a login and follow the prompts.
4. If you are using a tablet or mobile device, the New York Times is available through an app that can be downloaded to your device. Login with the NYT account information you created in the steps above.
5. Having trouble? Email us!
If you have already created an account, sign in directly to the New York Times website using your WSU email address.
If your login has expired, use this link to search for Winona State University. Follow the prompts for whether you're on or off campus.
Historical articles can be accessed via nyt.com, but you can only view five articles published between 1923-1980 per day. If you need access to more than five historical articles, use the New York Times Historical database available through the library.
To activate your WSJ account:
1. Click the link above.
2. Enter your Star ID and password.
3. Fill out the subscription form.
4. Repeat these steps every 180 days.
If you are using a tablet or mobile device, the WSJ mobile app is available through WSU Apps. Having trouble? Email us!
Users with an existing account have the option to connect it to the institutional subscription at the bottom of the "Create Account" page.
The top news source for college and university faculty members, administrators, and students. To set up your Chronicle account:
1. Click on the link above.
2. Click on "Sign In" in the top right and create an account using your StarID@winona.edu or StarID@go.winona.edu email as a login. Search for "Winona State University" as your institution.
3. If you are using a tablet or mobile device, the Chronicle is available on an app.
4. Having trouble? Email us!