First make sure you have the Zotero desktop app installed on your computer.
Then, follow the steps below to migrate your references from Refworks to Zotero
- Log in to your Refworks account.
- Be sure All References is selected from the left navigation.
- Select the Share button from above your reference list. Then select Export References.
- Select RIS Format, then Export.
- Select the RIS file once it exports. Zotero should pop up as the main option to open the file. Allow Zotero to open the file.
- When Zotero opens, save the file to Zotero.
- The imported references will show up in a folder under your library as either Export or Unfiled Items. From here you can move the references to specific collections, folders, or your Library.